Kevin Lanning is the editor of of Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, a journal of the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues (SPSSI). Lanning received his PhD from UC Berkeley and is Professor of Psychology at the Wilkes Honors College of Florida Atlantic University. Lanning's research interests include political psychology, the structure of sociopolitical attitudes, and personality measurement.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Social Cognition
- American Attitudes Project
- Personality and Decision Making
- Lanning, K. (1991). Consistency, scalability, and personality measurement. New York: Springer-Verlag.
- Edwards, J. A., Lanning, K., & Hooker, K. A. (2002). The MBTI and social information processing: An incremental validity study. Journal of Personality Assessment, 78, 432-450.
- Einstein, D., & Lanning, K. (1998). Shame, guilt, ego development and the Five-Factor Model of personality. Journal of Personality, 66, 555-582.
- Hogansen, J., & Lanning, K. (2001). Five factors in Sentence Completion Test categories: Towards rapprochement between trait and maturational approaches to personality. Journal of Research in Personality, 35, 449-462.
- Lanning, K. (2002). Reflections on September 11th: Lessons from four psychological perspectives. Analyses of Social Issues and Public Policy, 2, 27-34.
- Lanning, K. (1996). Robustness is not dimensionality: On the sensitivity of component comparability coefficients to sample size. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 31, 33-46.
- Lanning, K. (1994). The dimensionality of observer ratings on the California Adult-Set. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 67, 151-160.
- Lanning, K. (1989). The detection of invalid response patterns on the California Psychological Inventory. Applied Psychological Measurement, 13, 45-56.
- Nelson, H. W., Hooker, K., DeHart, K. N., Edwards, J. A., & Lanning, K. (2004). Factors important to success in the volunteer long-term care ombudsman role. The Gerontologist, 44, 116-120.
Wilkes Honors College
Florida Atlantic University
5353 Parkside Drive
Jupiter, Florida 33458
- Phone: (561) 799-8652
- Fax: (561) 799-8602
- Skype Name: kevin.lanning